Twelve individuals have died of a uncommon bacterial infection that has unfold in Essex.
The bacteria can be found in the throat as well in skins, and can be spread easily by sneezing, kissing and skin contact.
There are 32 reported cases till now of this disease, called invasive Group A streptococcus (iGAS).
In a report the clinical scientific group said the “Sometimes life threatening GAS disease may occur when bacteria gets into parts of the body where bacteria usually are not found”
The bacteria rarely infects healthy people but if it does get into the body, causing serious and even life-threatening conditions it is known as invasive GAS.