A lot of women live with a roommate until they get a place with their partner. For the lucky few who can afford the adventure of living on their own, the change can be liberating but also isolating. If you’re wondering if living alone might make you a little bit weird, check out these 10 things women who live alone are guaranteed to do on a daily basis:
1. LOOK SUPER GROSS IN THE MORNING. Let’s face it, ladies, if you don’t have to leave the house, you’re probably lounging around looking gross all morning
2. OBSESS OVER HOME DECOR. When you live alone, the pressure is ON for each decorative accent you purchase to be a complete and total reflection of your taste and who you are as a person. Are you more shabby chic or rustic modern? Better watch 48 hours of straight HGTV and make 1,000 trips to Home Goods before you commit to the perfect lamp.
3. PUT OFF CHORES UNTIL THE ABSOLUTE LAST MINUTE. People who live alone tend to be out and about most of the time, not noticing the piles of laundry and dishes that are building up. You don’t realize you’re living in a disgusting pile of filth until someone texts you that they’re stopping by later. Cue wine enhanced mad panic of cleaning.
4. BINGE WATCH GUILTY PLEASURE SHOWS. No one around to share the remote with or judge your sloth like behavior? Sounds like a perfect opportunity to watch an entire season of Gilmore Girls or Friday Night Lights.
5. TRY EVERYTHING ON PINTEREST. You’ve got plenty of “me time” on your hands to hot glue gun 500 wine corks to your Ikea dresser, make a face mask out of whatever is in your fridge, and attempt to cut your own bangs. Why buy something when you can spend twice as much on supplies you saw on Pinterest?
6. HANG OUT IN THEIR UNDERWEAR.Yup, this actually happens. Whether you’re trying to avoid getting make up or food on your clothes, or it’s SERIOUSLY laundry day, or you’re just super comfy in your skivvies, you enjoy the privacy that enables you to hang out in your underwear.
7. SPEND EXORBITANT AMOUNTS OF TIME IN THE BATHROOM. Living alone means no one will judge you for staring at your pores in the mirror for an hour or doing getting ready “trials” in the middle of the day to test out new looks or hair and make-up techniques.
8. MASTER EVERY NEW BEAUTY TREND. If you live by yourself, you were probably the first in your group to perfect winged liner, or master stobing, or perfectly file your kitty cat claws. Your friends don’t need to know you failed a dozen times first while you were getting ready alone.
9. LISTEN TO THE SAME PLAYLIST ON REPEAT. You’re the only one in the apartment who is trying to sleep or get work done, so it’s party time whenever you want it to be party time! Plus silence is a little bit creepy, especially at night.
10. CHECK OUT YOUR BOD, OFTEN. You’re the only one around. Go ahead and check out your abs and booty 100 times a day to check if those 20 crunches you just did are noticeable yet, or if anyone will be able to tell you had an entire Domino’s Pizza by yourself last night.